COMPLEX; adjective, "So complicated or intricate as to be hard to understand or deal with"
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
Yes......our sweet Victoria is "complex". .....although the next medical person who tells me this should think about self protection.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
The issue seems to be determining if her complexity is a result of eight years of neglect, eight years of starvation, a syndrome, a diagnosis, ......or all of the above.
We do know.
* Victoria had GROWN.... from 9#6oz to 12# 2oz.
* She loves to be held, and her favorite position is on mama’s chest.
* Little Miss is finding her voice. It is not often....and it is more of a squeal...but it is purposeful communication.
* Cerebral Palsy is an unlikely diagnosis ......MRI will confirm.
*Victoria has some pretty severe issues with her hips....life in a crib or pre-existing condition??....don't know
* Her kidney has either scar tissue or congenital malformation...more testing scheduled with Nephrology. In the meantime prophylactic antibiotics to avoid recurrent UTI's.
* Heart......ultrasound showed NO defects.....despite her medical paperwork from the orphanage stating otherwise.
* Seizures? Again...MRI will tell us more but though she seems to have a fairly severe seizure history, we have not seen any and the neurologist is not concerned.
Optimistic and complex are not mutually exclusive.....particularly with the knowledge that God seems to revel in the complex....or maybe it is just we who make the simple complex?!
I do know that our complex girl is relatively healthy, growing, happy and loved,
More than we could hope for.....
Two plus hour drive to Shriners......sleepy head traveler.
Still being fed every four hours.....
Such a music girl....maybe someday she will play?
9 month onesies are still HuGe!
Mama likes bows.